Let’s make this thing!
1. Wrap beef in plastic wrap and place in freezer for 2 hours to firm up
2. Cut beef across the grain into thin slices, each about 1/8 inch thick
3. In a food processor, combine garlic, pear, onion and ginger and process until smooth and creamy
4. In a bowl, combine steak, marinade, scallion, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar and pepper and mix well
5. Cover or seal the steak and marinade, then refrigerate overnight
5. When ready to cook and serve, prepare your garnishes. Pile your lettuce leaves in a large basket; small dishes can hold remaining garnishes.
6. On a large skillet over a high heat, add all the meat and its juices to the pan.
7. Cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid has evaporated and the meat begins to brown around the edges.
8. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately!
To eat, lay a lettuce leaf open on your palm. Add a perilla leaf, a small serving of rice, one or two pieces of meat and any other garnishes on top, then dab with sauce.
Wrap by lifting up the edges of the lettuce leaf, then twisting them together to make a tight bundle. Eat each bundle in one bite. Enjoy!
What’s your take on the recipe? What would you add? Let us know in the comments below!