Today’s post comes courtesy of Julie from the fantastic Sweet and Spicy Monkey.
I love the flavor of grilled peaches. I first had grilled peaches a few years back when I made them at a friend’s house when I was visiting California. They are so good! Summer sweet peaches served up warm….mmmm!
I haven’t been able to make them since I came back home because I don’t have a grill.
I know, right? How can I not own a grill???!!! It’s sad, I know.
So since I don’t have a grill, I have found a way to enjoy the taste of grilled peaches by baking them.
Yes, I can finally enjoy warm sweet peaches again!
The thing I love best about these baked peaches is they’re easy to make and healthy. It doesn’t take much to sweeten them up, just a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon. And you can top them with plain Greek yogurt and nuts or granola. Such a small treat with such a big flavor.
I love ’em!
If you haven’t tried them already, do it fast, because peach season is wrapping up and you need fresh peaches for this recipe.
Otherwise you’ll just have to wait until next year….
4 fresh peaches, halved with seed removed
¼ cup organic coconut oil, melted
plain Greek yogurt
chopped nuts (pecans taste best) or granola
1. Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
2. Wash peaches well and dry.
3. Cut in half, removing pit.
4. Place peaches face side up on cookie sheet.
5. Generously brush melted coconut oil over the top of halved peaches, getting into the nooks and crannies of where the pit once was.
6. Drizzle honey over the open peach. It doesn’t take much honey to sweeten the peaches. So keep this in mind when using honey.
7. Sprinkle cinnamon over the honey and coconut oil.
8. Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until peaches are soft when pierced with a fork.
9. Remove from oven.
For a healthy dessert, serve as is or top with plain Greek yogurt and chopped nuts or granola, or if you want to indulge, serve topped with vanilla ice cream.