It’s the start of summer and that can mean only one thing: It’s time to bust out the grill and get cooking. And what better dish to get on the go with than this delicious beef kebab recipe?
Need a new grill? Check out our best BBQ grill guide!
The colors in these meaty skewers are beautiful, and when cooked to perfection, these juicy and tender kebabs will keep you coming back for more.
Find out how to make these bad boys with the handy animation below, with the full ingredient list and method below.
- 2 lbs beef sirloin cut into one-inch cubes
- 3 bell peppers red, yellow and green, cut into one-inch pieces
- 1 red onion cut into one-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup peeled garlic cloves
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- To start things off, combine the beef, garlic, coriander, cumin, paprika, white vinegar, and olive oil in a resealable freezer bag.
- Distribute seasonings and seal the bag. Leave to marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- The following day, chuck garlic cloves into a food processor and pulse until the garlic becomes finely minced. Add salt and pulse a little further until well mixed.
- Turn on the food processor, this time keeping it on. Pour in half a cup of oil followed by half a teaspoon of lemon juice. Keep alternating between the two until you have used all of the oil and lemon juice. The garlic sauce should become creamy, light and fluffy.
- Preheat your grill on high.
- Now it’s kebab time. To assemble them, alternate your marinated beef, onions and bell peppers on the skewer.
- Grill for five to seven minutes on each side.
Serve kebabs with your delicious new garlic sauce, and add your choice of salad, hummus, or pita bread. Enjoy immediately!