Grilling season is upon us! And what better way to bring in the season by trying out this awesome recipe?
So why are these called vampire steaks? Well, perhaps because they have steak through their heart (sorry), but probably more to the fantastic amount of garlic in these beauties.
Find out how to make these bad boys with the handy animation below, with the full ingredient list and method below.
1. Throw the steak and all the ingredients for the marinade into a large plastic food bag. Once all in, toss the bag to coat the meat.
2. Marinade between one and eight hours.
3. When ready, remove meat from marinade, discarding whatever’s left over.
4. Heat up your grill or grill pan to a very high heat. Cook the steak as you desire (personally, I love it a bit rare…).
5. Allow the meat to cool for at least ten minutes before slicing it into thin strips.
6. Let’s get going on the sauce! To do this, combine the chipotles, mayonnaise, lime juice and salt. Stir well.
7. Heat up a sauté pan to a medium heat.
8. Put one tortilla in the pan and sprinkle about a quarter cup of cheddar cheese on top. Place another tortilla on top, and cook until the cheese starts to melt, then flip over once. Make sure you only cook until the tortilla turns soft – not until crispy!
9. Time to assemble your taco! Apply as much guacamole as your heart desires to your tortilla.
10. Add a few slices of steak, then add pico de gallo, cotija cheese and some of the sauce. Garnish with cilantro.
What’s your take on the recipe? What would you add? Let us know in the comments below!]