The best pork chop marinade for grilling. Made with soy sauce, honey, and garlic, this quick and easy marinade recipe has the perfect balance of flavors for your grilled pork chops.
This easy pork chop marinade is a quick and easy way to infuse your smoked or grilled pork chops with flavor and moisture so that they are perfectly tender and sweet when pulled off the grill.
Our marinade recipe uses a soy sauce base to help brine the pork chop, while also featuring honey for a delicate touch of sweetness.
Discover how to marinate pork chops today with our easy meat prep walkthrough, quick tips, and simple recipe.
How to Marinate Pork Chops
See our full marinade recipe below for full ingredient quantities and information, but the simple process breaks down to:
- Whisk: Combine all the marinade ingredients in one go in a small bowl, and whisk thoroughly
- Pour: Place your raw pork chops in a large ziplock bag (or two smaller ones) and then pour the marinade over the pork
- Seal: Use your hands to work the marinade into the pork, covering evenly. Press out some of the air from the bag before sealing.
- Marinate: Place the sealed pork chops in your refrigerator and leave to marinate overnight, or for at least two hours
- Grill: Once you’re ready to cook, simply remove the pork chops from the bag and discard any excess marinade. Grill and enjoy!
- Be careful with adjusting the ingredients in this recipe. While everyone has their own ingredient preferences, it’s important for meat marinades to strike a balance between flavor and function. In general, marinades should be three parts oils to one part acid, provided by our olive oil and apple cider vinegar respectively. Feel free to tweak or remove the amount of honey and liquid smoke in the recipe, but we strongly recommend keeping everything else as is.
- Using food-safe resealable ziplock bags (like these bags on Amazon) is the best way to store your raw pork chops while they marinate in your refrigerator. However, if you don’t have any to hand then we recommend an airtight plastic container, or simply place the chops and marinade in a large bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap.