BBQ dual probe thermometers allow you to keep on top of both your meat and smoker temperatures so that you can cook your food perfectly every time. Find out everything you need to know with our guide to the best smoker thermometers.
There’s no cooking art quite like barbecue, but getting it right also makes it one of the most difficult. Part of that is the struggle of keeping good, low smoking temperatures consistent over the course of hours. Getting a reliable and accurate smoker thermometer is crucial to getting this right.
Dual probe thermometers allow you to monitor the heat levels of both your meat and smoker chamber simultaneously. But where do you find readers that are reliable and accurate, but also don’t break the bank? This guide will show you the five best smoker thermometers out there today, as well as the features to look out for so that you can find the right choice for you.
Let’s get into it.
Riida TM08 Wireless Thermometer
The Riida TM08 meat thermometer is a nice option if you don’t need anything fancy. TM08 is good for up to 2 meat probes, and it doesn’t have any Bluetooth connectivity, which is good if you want something simple.
TM08 is fairly inexpensive as well, so it works for those who don’t need anything super-accurate or super-functional.
Still, this smoker thermometer has a few nice features for meat lovers. Out of the box, you are getting temps for 9 types of meat and 5 tastes. Not only that, but TM08 allows you to set temperature alarms and has count-up and count-down timers.
The advertised remote range is quite respectable as well – up to 300 feet. But in practice, the range will be much lower due to obstacles and interference. Within a backyard, the remote should work completely fine though.
- Preset temps for 9 types of meat and 5 tastes.
- Connection range up to 300 feet.
- Only supports 2 probes.
- ♥ Remote Meat Thermometer With Dual Probe: Digital wireless bbq temperature gauge to monitor...
- ♥ BBQ thermometer with preset temperatures for 9 types of meat(Ground Beef, Ground Poultry,...
- ♥ Instant Read Grilling Thermometer: No synch required. Large LCD displays shows accurate...
The ThermoPro TP25 is a good choice if you want a Bluetooth-connected meat thermometer, as well as more probes than in Riida TM08. TP25 supports up to 4 meat probes, and ThermoPro kindly includes 4 color-coded meat probes in the box.
TP25 is very functional too. Perhaps the most interesting feature is the Cook Time Estimator. This feature estimates how many minutes there are until the food reaches the target temperature. Cook Time Estimator won’t work every time since there may be variables beyond what the algorithm can take into account, but it may be useful in some situations.
The TP25 meat thermometer lets you set temperature alarms as well. The alarm feature in this smoker thermometer sends a notification when the meat is 15, 10, and 5 degrees away from the target, allowing you to plan your meal.
The thermometer also records and charts the probing temperatures, which is neat and may be useful for some people.
The Bluetooth connectivity lets you keep track of the cooking process from your smartphone or tablet too. The connection range is advertised at 500 feet, but this is in perfect conditions, and you are probably going to get closer to 75-100 feet in reality.
What’s a little annoying about TP25 is that the app can be buggy and drop connection sometimes, but ThermoPro updates the app fairly frequently, and it seems to get better with time.
- Includes 4 probes.
- Preset temperatures for 9 meat types.
- May be connected to your mobile device via Bluetooth.
- Charts probe temps in real time.
- The app is buggy and needs polishing.
- Extended 500ft bluetooth range: Rechargeable bluetooth thermometer adopts the most advanced...
- 4 color coated probes: Thermopro wireless meat thermometer for grilling includes 4 different...
- Simplistic, multi-functional app: (GPS must be enabled) Set your desired food temp and HI/LOW...
BFOUR Wireless Bluetooth
The BFOUR meat thermometer is a very nice option for low budgets.
The highlight of this smoker thermometer is the support of up to 6 meat probes. BFOUR includes 3 probes out of the box, but you may add 3 more. For most people, 3 should be more than enough, but it’s nice that the thermometer supports 6 probes.
What’s also great about the BFOUR thermometer is that it can hook to smartphones or tablets via Bluetooth. The app seems reliable and bug-free, while the range is advertised at 100-200 feet, depending on how clear the line of sight is.
We like the large LCD display as well – it makes reading temperatures really easy. You get 7 preset temp settings out of the box too, and you may also add more if you want.
The BFOUR thermometer has all the essential features you’d want as well, like alarms and timers.
All in all, for the money, you probably won’t find anything better than this smoker thermometer. It’s cheap, and only time will tell how durable it is, but it’s still a solid choice at its price point.
- 7 preset temp settings.
- Includes 3 and supports up to 6 probes.
- Bluetooth connectivity.
- Large display.
- Nothing to complain about.
- 🍺MONITOR YOUR COOKING FROM 200 FEET AWAY- The meat thermometer adopts the most advanced...
- 🍺EASY APP&TIMER,ALARM- With more than 7 modes USDA preset temperature settings on the app,...
- 🍺3 PROBES SIMULTANEOUS MONITORING&SAFE STAINLESS STEEL- 3 probes are included to monitor...
The ENZOO wireless meat thermometer offers reliable performance at longer ranges. It’s advertised to work at up to 500 feet, and although this probably is given for ideal conditions, a few hundred feet seems not to be a huge problem for this thermometer.
The display in the ENZOO meat thermometer is super-nice too. It’s large and has wide viewing angles, making reading temperatures easy from afar.
ENZOO includes 4 color-coded meat probes with this meat thermometer as well. The temperature accuracy is advertised at +/- 1 degree, so this thing appears to be more accurate than previous thermometers.
The thermometer also comes with preset temperatures for 11 types of meat, and you may customize all the settings as well if needed.
Lastly, we like the included storage case – it’s large, protective, and keeps all the accessories organized.
- Includes 4 color-coded meat probes.
- Preset temps for 11 types of meat.
- Large display with wide viewing angles.
- Wireless range of up to 500 feet.
- Comes with a very convenient storage case.
- No Bluetooth connectivity, which is odd for the price.
- Best Instant Read (1-3s) Thermometer - A good thermometer helps you eliminate all the guesswork...
- 500FT Remote Range Meat Thermometer - Wireless thermometers let you read the display from a...
- Easy to Setup and Store - Meat thermometer with 4 probes can monitor 4 different kinds of meat...
NutriChef Smart Bluetooth Thermometer
The NutriChef Smart thermometer is yet another nice pick if you want more probes. It comes with 2 probes out of the box but supports up to 6. There’s also a single-probe variant of this thermometer available, which may work just fine for some people.
This thermometer is again Bluetooth-compatible, so you may keep track of meat temperatures from your smartphone or tablet. The mobile app displays real-time temps, sends alerts and notifications when the meat approaches target temperature, and saves temp history.
One thing to keep in mind with this thermometer is that it doesn’t support Wi-Fi, despite what the product title suggests. It only connects to mobile devices via Bluetooth. NutriChef is for some reason misleading buyers here, though we don’t think that the brand has ill intent.
- Includes 2 probes and supports up to 6.
- Supports Bluetooth.
- Single-probe variant available.
- Large and easy to read display.
- No Wi-Fi support, so the product name is a little misleading.
- 2020 UPGRADED STAINLESS STEEL PROBES: Safely leave heavy duty metal probes inside any oven or...
- 328’ OUTDOOR WIRELESS RANGE: Professional smart cordless grilling kit and accessories. Get an...
- DONE SMARTPHONE ALARM: When the sensor detects the steak or meat reaches the set temperature...
Last update on 2021-02-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API