Everyone needs a go-to burger recipe that stands out from the crowd, and I think I have just that with these beautiful grilled bison sliders.
Where some people might just throw frozen beef burgers on to the grill and hope for the best, these bison cuts are oozing with succulent flavors.
The ‘gamier’ cut of meat is a bit lighter on the cholesterol than traditional ground beef burgers, but lacking none of the punch or flavor that you want from a burger.
Serve these up at your next tailgate or BBQ party and you’ll have won over a new army of fans.
Grilled Bison Sliders
- BBQ Grill (Charcoal or Gas)
- 1 lb ground buffalo meat
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp table/kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- cheese sliced
- green onion thinly sliced
- yellow mustard
- tomato ketchup
- In a large bowl, add the buffalo meat, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and pepper. Combine thoroughly with your hands. Ensure a good consistency of seasoning, meat and sauce.
- Mold the meat into 8 small patties, placing them one by one on a large plate. Transfer the plate to refrigerator.
- Heat up grill to a high temperature until your grill surface as reached about 400°F/205°C. Keep the lid closed to help speed up the time.
- Transfer the patties to the grill. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side, placing cheese on top for the final minute. Remove from grill. Allow to rest for 2-3 minutes.
- While the meat rests, place the buns on the grill and lightly toast for a few seconds.
- Remove from grill and transfer patties into buns. Serve with your choice of sliced onions, tomatoes, lettuce, pickles and mustard and/or tomato ketchup.