There aren’t many things better for a tailgate than putting a good beer on ice and then reaching for something hot off the grill.
So whether you’re going tailgating or if you’re hosting your very own Superbowl party, here’s an easy go-to recipe that should satisfy just about any meat eater.
This mouth-watering grilled sausage sandwich is guaranteed to quickly become a crowd favorite.
It’s packed with juice grilled pork sausage, featuring our favorite grill marks, and topped with beautifully sautéed onion, peppers, and a sliver of mustard.
All housed in a toasted baguette. These are dangerously addictive and will go down a storm on game day.
Let the obsession begin.
What’s great is that these sandwiches are made with just a few core ingredients:
- Italian sausage
- Red pepper
- Red onion
- Fresh baguette
You simply sauté the onion and pepper for about ten minutes, before grilling the star of the show: The Italian sausage.
Different people have their own choice of sausage for this kind of recipe, but I just find that Italian just strikes the right balance between traditional meat flavors, as well as herbs and added seasoning.
Grilled Sausage Sandwiches
- 4 Quality Italian Sausages
- 1 Artisan Baguette or any baguette of your choice
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 Red Onion sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper sliced
- Mustard of your choice
- Heat up your grill. Get it as high as you can for charcoal and about 500°F for gas
- In a skillet, add olive oil, mushrooms and onions and cook until softened
- Add your sausages to the grill and cook until done, turning them every couple minutes
- Cut your baguette down the middle. (Toast it on the grill a little if you like)
- Layer the sandwich with onions and peppers first, add your mustard and top with the sausages. Cut into four mini sandwiches and serve.