Smoked Chicken? Cheese? Buffalo sauce? Cheese and more cheese?!
The smokiness of chicken shredded to perfection and the kick of buffalo sauce, the sharpness of blue cheese.
This buffalo chicken dip has a flavor so bold you won’t just taste it.
You’ll feel it!
This rich warm dip is perfect served up with tortilla chips or crostini bread. Hell…. it’s so badass we’ve even used the leftovers as a topping on baked potatoes! Grab your cream cheese and chicken, light your grill, and prepare to be sacked by the flavor.
It’s perfect for your tailgate party, or any party for that matter.
In truth you can use whatever chicken breast you have lying around, but for the absolute best results I strongly recommend smoking chicken. It’ll give your dip a beautifully deep and rich taste that store bought or ready made chicken just can’t give you.
If you want to wow people at your tailgate or BBQ party then you won’t find a better way to make it.
Once the chicken has cooked, use some meat shredding claws (like these) and get to work on your meat.
You want it thoroughly shredded, so don’t be shy and really work that chicken.
One of the beautiful things about this recipe is that even though I’ve laid out rough measurements, you can basically eyeball a lot of the ingredients.
This is particularly true in the case of the chicken. Just use whatever you have, and don’t worry if you think you’re little or too much in the mix (as if there’s such a thing as too much).
The same goes for cream cheese. I love cream cheese, so there’s a chance that I go overboard. But hey, you’re making this for a party so why not indulge?
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 3 cups of leftover smoked chicken shredded
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp ranch dressing
- One small celery stalk diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Heat up your grill.
- Mix all of the listed ingredients together in a large bowl (except the blue cheese crumbles).
- Once combined, transfer ingredients into a skillet and top the mixture with the blue cheese crumbles.
- Place on the grill for 10-15 minutes (or until the dip begins to bubble up).
- Serve with chips or your choice of bread & enjoy!