Frittata is one of our favorite dishes to cook because a) it’s brilliantly simple to make, and b) almost anything can be used to make it.
What’s also great about frittata is that it can be served at any meal. Whether you want a protein-packed start to the day, or a savory filling meal for dinner, it’s a versatile enough dish to go well whenever.
Today we’re going to use a recipe that uses ricotta cheese, tomato and spinach. The dairy of the cheese, mixed together with juicy tomatoes and leafy greens goes fantastically well together. Enjoy!
[su_box box_color=”#ffffff” title_color=”#000000″ radius=”1″]
You will need…
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, finely sliced
300g cherry tomatoes
100g spinach leaves
Small handful of basil leaves
Let’s make this thing!
1. Start heating your oven to 200C, or 180C if you have a fan oven
2. Cook the onion slices for five to six minutes in a large frying pan, until they soften and start to turn golden
3. Throw in the tomatoes and toss for one minute to soften
4. Remove the pan from the heat and add the spinach leaves and basil, tossing together until the leaves wilt slightly
5. Put all the ingredients in a greased baking tin
6. Take several small scoops of the ricotta and lightly dot over the vegetables
7. Beat the eggs well and add a little salt and pepper
8. Pour the eggs over the ingredients
9. Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes until it sets and begins to turn a pale golden
10. Serve with your choice of salad!
What’s your favorite frittata recipe? Let us know in the comments below!